Thursday, July 22, 2010

Food Blog Ethics

I was looking at blogs today and saw a few things on Food Bloggers Ethics. There's even a site for it, which I found via The Skinny Gourmet. This got me to thinking about my take on it, and if there may be anything wrong with said take.

I'm still standing by my original plan: I'll post my own recipes and link to others. By my own recipes, I mean ones that I have either created entirely on my own or have changed significantly. Significant changes, in my opinion, change the outcome of the product - the taste, the look, the texture, etc. I like The Skinny Gourmet's mention of three alterations, which I feel like I have heard previously, and I think that it generally is a good idea to follow. However, sometimes one can throw in three ingredients or alter a recipe three ways without changing it significantly, so I really feel as though it is a case-by-case type of thing. If it is inspired by a recipe elsewhere on the internet or from a book, I'll cite that. If I can't find it, I'll tell you and hunt it down if I can. (I can only imagine that happening with a few recipes, such as when my friends and I make something together and I don't know where the recipe is from specifically.) If you question anything, ask me. Anything that is linked, I probably haven't made myself, unless I've stated that I've made it without alterations.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails