Thursday, July 22, 2010

Just Bought

Just the other day, I was at the store and happened to notice some rather low prices on different items I would need returning to school in the fall. You know, new rugs, etc. for the apartment - things that don't really last more than a year in an apartment when you move out yearly. So, I grabbed those for the apartment, since there was essentially no chance of any of us finding them for a lower price. While I was there, I spotted some great prices on baking stuff, too! So, you know what I did, I imagine... walked right on over and bought it! I mean, I had a typical, cheap set of cooking stuff last year (pots and pans), since no matter how much they try, any set of college roommates will ruin pots and pans. Thus, you buy a cheap set and just get them to last until graduation. However, I also had some baking things - but only the basics. This year, I'm excited to say that I'm building up on that. I'll be able to bake so many more things, without having to run out to the store for anything and paying a ton for it! There is, of course, always room to add to one's kitchen, but since I have to move mine multiple times a year, I try to have as much as possible in as little space as possible. It also has to not cost too much money (student budget), not be heartbreaking if someone breaks or ruins it (though few others touch my baking stuff unless they are baking with me), etc. I got some good glassware and other pans, etc. Basically, I'm quite excited and cannot wait to bake with all of it!

I've also been talking to one of my friends, who is moving into an apartment for the first time this year, about what is needed and everything. It's amazing to think about how much had to be bought and figured out then!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails